If you’re looking for ways to save tax, boost profits and stabilise your cash flow then you definitely want to listen to this week’s episode of the Dent Podcast. My guest is Ben Walker and he’s an accountant with a twist. Having founded his business, Inspire CA, at just 23, Ben’s gone on to seriously disrupt the industry and become a global example by throwing out timesheets and charging by the hour, challenging the old school approach to accountancy head on.
Ben’s radical model hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2014 he was the winner of the Anthill Online 30under30 Award, was a finalist in the Brisbane Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards and has been featured in publications such as the Courier Mail, Small Business Big Marketing Podcast with Tim Reid, Brisbane Business News and B Mag.
In this episode we really get into:
- How Ben’s reverse-engineered business model is an effective approach for those based in both the service and products industries
- The magic number that every business must have
- Ben’s turning moment when he changed his business structure and claimed back personal time
- Parkinson’s law and how it has an effect on managing cash
- How you can build a product where recurring revenue equals recurring expenses
- Linking tactical client metrics with team performance
- Family as the #1 focal point in Ben’s business philosophy and how he uses this niche in understanding clients and delivering the highest service
- The five business numbers that everyone needs to know
- Ben’s involvement with B1G1
- Using Facebook Live to build a brand, reputation and share content
- Ben’s campaign that saw him save his clients over one million dollars in tax
- Top tips on capturing profit and optimising cash flow
- Why Ben recommends you have multiple bank accounts
- Weekly team meetings and discussing the measures of success
- The numbers that actually matter to your clients
- Asking yourself tough questions to make revenues more stable
- Ben writing books on business structure and cash flow
The post Ep. 27 How Disrupting His Industry Saw Ben Walker Become an Award-Winning Entrepreneur appeared first on Key Person of Influence.