This Podcast was recorded by Glen Smyth and published on his Podcast, The Sales Professional Podcast.
Glen’s Podcast can be found on the web or in the iTunes store too.
The original article can be found here.
In this episode of the Sales Professionals Podcast you’ll discover how Ben Walker is proving that not all Accountants are the same!
This Week’s Episode – Ben Walker
This week I’m chatting with Ben Walker, owner of Inspire CA, an Accountancy practice in Brisbane Australia. But Ben is not your average Accountant.
In fact he’s probably the only Accountant that I’ve heard of who has a fully licensed cafe in the middle of his office…with his own Chef and Barista!
In this episode you’re going to discover that’s there a lot of things about the way Ben is creating his business that are different.
His ideas will also challenge the way you do business, and make you think about how you’re creating your own point of difference – so that you too can stand out in an increasingly noisy world!
About the Show
The Sales Professionals Podcast is a weekly podcast for Sales Professionals including Real Estate Agents, Mortgage Brokers, Insurance Advisers, New Home Consultants, Financial Planners…and anyone who earns their living as a professional who sells.
Each episode features an interview with either a top producing Sales Professional who shares their journey to success, a Business Coach or Mentor who works with Sales Professionals like you, or a Leading Expert in some field which can directly help you to become more successful and have a bigger impact in your industry.
As you build your career in the relentless and challenging world of sales, the podcast is designed to inspire, encourage and support you to become the very best that you can be!
In this Episode, Here’s What You’ll Discover
- Sometimes doing everything the opposite of the norm could be a good place to start!
- Why you need to look at your products and services from your client’s perspective…rather than just your own.
- Make it as easy as possible for your clients to pay you – even if that means accepting American Express.
- The importance of adding HEART to your business.
- You can choose the kind of clients YOU would like to do business with, and then target this audience.
- Make sure you and your clients both have the same values if you want to create positive business relationships
- Be prepared to be different…even audacious…with your ideas, in order to create your point of difference
- Don’t default back to ordinary or average.
- Kaizen – The strategy of constantly improving and developing what you do.
- The importance of sticking to your vision…even when it gets difficult (which it invariably will!)
- You need to find ways where you can make a real IMPACT with your clients.
Resources and Links
Website – Inspire CA
Website – Inspire Cafe
Personal Website – Ben Walker
This Week’s Success Quote
“People won’t remember what you say. People won’t remember what you do. But people will remember how you made them feel!”